Tuesday 26 March 2013



Well this has been an interesting March !! Looks likely to be the coldest since 1963 so i guess that makes it the coldest March in my lifetime then (just) and boy has it been cold even over here in the west the wind cut through you like a knife so I dread to think what it has been like for those of you in the East !

Fortunately we have not had the snow here that many of you have had either we had one lot of snow in January and a few flurries since But nothing like what a lot of areas got this week we had torrential rain instead.

However it has been cold enough for me to be once again struggling with my growing But I did always have a plan to get a greenhouse up at home this year to make heating and propagating easier. I did start this process at the beginning of March and purchased a polycarbonate greenhouse BIG BIG mistake it was very complicated to erect and utter rubbish with just a narrow channel to hold the polycarbonate sheets in place the first puff of wind blew it to bits that one has now been demolished And I am now wrangling with the company what they are going to do about it.

I have since bought and erected and nearly filled a glass one which is being nicely warmed day and night by a 3kw propane gas heater Most of the Tomatoes, Peppers and Aubergines for March/April are sown and some Tomatoes are up and a fair bit else has been sown as well and we have lettuce and peas up so I think by Mid April I will have some things ready to go It will depend then on the weather and if people have the ground ready for them we will probably e-mail people prior to dispatch to see if your ready for them as the weather is so iffy and not forecast to change much any time soon. We would hate to send things out and find your still under two feet of snow or have hard frozen ground and no where to put them.

No comments:

Post a Comment